Living green brings big economical savings by using stored rainwater for your lawn and garden. Voted a Top-10 green building product for 2008 by the Environmental Building News The Rainwater HOG is the perfect rainwater collection & storage for small, spaces, yards and properties. The HOGs make it easy to fit volumes of rainwater storage in the tightest spaces. Rainwater HOGs has a slim profile and can be fit almost anywhere. The HOG solution is novel: easily handled tanks, designed for 20 years of useful life. The tank supports its full weight on any of its surfaces without bulging. No other water tank is designed to be so versatile. The HOGs storage can be expanded by connecting additional HOGs to increase rainwater storage in increments of 50 gallons to suit your budget and rainwater reuse. Whether you install them horizontally, vertically or even on their long side as water-filled bench seating, Rainwater HOG modules are adaptable to almost any situation. Horizontal tank can be used under decks, patios, and under house and perfect for properties where space is at a premium. Vertical installation in discrete corner on your property. The dark green color is neutral and HOA friendly. The plastic is UV stabilized (UV8) and will prevent algae growth inside the container. Fittings are brass and glass reinforced nylon. The HOG is also sized to fit between joists spaced at 24 inch centers for innovative architectural designs, effective thermal mass, and sustainable building.
- Rain Barrel with Inlet/Outlet Kit
- Innovative space-saving design
- Slim profile
- Fit into small spaces; rainwater storage in the tightest spaces
- Install options vertically of horizontally (HOG Installation Guide)
- Modular Design for easy expansion and reconfiguring
- Designed for 20 years of useful life
- HOG tank fits into spaces where other rain barrels do not
- LEED Credits possibilities
- Made in the USA
- Includes a Connector Kit and Air Vent
- Units: 1 Hog with Inlet/Outlet Kit
- Storage Capacity: 51 Gallons
- Weight: 39.6 lbs (Dry) 440 lbs (Wet)
- Material: Food grade hardened rotomolded virgin polyethylene
- Dimensions: 71″ Tall x 9.5″ Deep x 19.5″ Wide X
- Color: Bronze Olive Green
- Wall Thickness: robust ¼ inch (6mm)
- Brass 1 NPT/24mm thread connection points
- 100 % recyclable
INCLUDED: Inlet/Outlet Kit: If you have a problem with roof debris (leaves, dust, and pebbles) or want fine control over the flow of water, we also offer an Inlet/Outlet Kit. This kit includes a mesh screen to filter out fallen leaves, insects, and other unwanted material. The screened opening prevents mosquito breeding. It also has a plastic ball valve for draining water with regulated control.
Optional accessories available:
1) Wall Kit: Used to install the Rain Hog rain barrel against a wall. We recommend using a Wall Kit for all vertical installation.
2) Connector Kit : This kit can be used to join multiple tanks in a series of rain barrels. Thread Connector (1) and Air Vent (1)
FREE SHIPPING TO DC RESIDENTS: Call or email for Shipping costs to Northern Virginia and Southern MD (DC Metro Area). Shipping rates apply to sipping destinations outside of the DC metro area.
Contact razarsharp at firstname.lastname@example.org for install services in Washington DC and DC metro areas.
The Rainwater HOG is approved for the rebate!! Homeowners can purchase one of twelve approved barrels and receive $50 or $100 REBATE by submitting an application, receipt, and pictures of the installed barrel to DC Greenworks.
To receive the rebate complete the application materials from DC Green Works or by calling 202-518-6195.
Please see our HOG Installation Guide for more information on how to assemble the Inlet Outlet Kit in your Rainwater HOG system